Apple Barrel Cider Mill is known for its premium apple cider. During the fall, we have numerous varieties of apples that are blended to produce delicious, 100% natural apple cider. We take pride in selecting the best quality and balance of apples to give you the greatest tasting apple cider you can find.
Our Apple Flavors
First week of August
Our earliest apple. Tart and soft. A favorite sauce apple.
Tart and soft. An old favorite for pies and sauce.
Third week of August
Sweet – tart and crunchy. An excellent eating apple.
1st week of September
This sweet-spicy apple has a succulent texture and rich taste.
Early September until Mid October
Explosively juicy and crisp, Honeycrisp have quickly become the most sought after apple on the farm. Stores very well.
Very crisp, Gala type apple, sweet and a bit tart, with more flavor than Gala. Stores very well.
Mid – September
An Early, very red Jonathan. Juicy flavor has a spicy tang that blends well with other apples. Used for fresh eating and cooking. Makes pink apple sauce. Michigan’s cooler climate produces superb Jonathans.
Early to Mid – September
Ultra-juicy white flesh, lightly tart flavor and excellent fresh apple aroma. A perky addition to salads. Excellent in applesauce and cider. Also used in pies.
Mid – September
It has a great sweet tart flavor and a vibrant white flesh that does not brown. Cortland stays solid when cooked, making it an ideal apple for making pies and crisps.
Mid – September
Early Golden Delicious type apple, with smoother skin and higher flavored than its parent.
Used for fresh eating and cooking. Juicy flavor has a spicy tang that blends well with other apples. Michigan’s cooler climate produces superb Jonathans.
Empire is a firm apple that is hard to bruise, sweet and very crisp, and its medium size makes empire the perfect apple to send to school with the kids. Stores extremely well and makes a fine apple pie! Great all around apple!
Rosy red, crisp, juicy and sweet. Perfect fresh or baked into pies, crisps and cobblers. Fans say it has a hint of vanilla flavor, others say cherry or anise. Apples are medium-to-large and store well.
Similar to Golden Delicious but with a more complex “honey” flavor. Stores well.
Fantastic sweet and tart flavor, with a low acid content. An incredibly good keeper, Fuji stays crisp for weeks!
Intriguing name, yet this apple is a professional baker’s dream! An antique apple still popular because of tart, acidic properties that cook up well. This is our favorite pie apple.
Firm, crunchy apple with a mild sweet flavor. Best for fresh eating.
Superbly crisp and juicy with shades of tart and sweet in each apple. Usually large and aromatic. A very popular apple.
Eat fresh or for cooking. Taste is both tangy and tart. Flesh is white, crisp and juicy. Favored for sauces, pies and desserts. Texture holds up well when baked.
A sweet all purpose apple. Yellow with an occasional pink blush.
A sweet-tart apple with a little spice.
Sub-acid, crisp snappy bite over a mellow sweetness. Smaller size makes a great snack apple. Michigan’s 3rd most popular apple. Stores well. We also have a later variety picked in mid October.
Named for its bright pink skin, this versatile apple is great for eating fresh out of hand as well as in salads, pies, sauces, baking, and freezing. Stores very well.
Customer Reviews & Testimonials
- “I don’t have children, but I think they would absolutely love it. It’s beautiful countryside with lots of activities for the young ones. The donuts and cider are fantastic, and the country store is incredibly unique where I found some cute halloween decorations that were truely original.”
- “A cute little store with awesome donuts and cider. If you want to find a unique, one of a kind gift, try looking here!”
- “Great place to get doughnuts. We like the cinnamon apple cider doughnuts!”
- “Great frozen apple cider. Located right past the subway and gas station.”
- “Fantastic Cider and Pies. Love it! Every Saturday in the Original Owosso Farmers Market. Delicious”
- “A great source of “homemade” (as in “like Granma use ta make” kind of homemade) delicious stuff plus a lot of added homespun things for in and around the house. We try to make a trip there at least every other week! And lots of fun stuff for the kids and adults alike. If you’re in Ithaca, you really should stop there!”
- “Donuts and cider awesome!!! From Nashville. Sweet customer service. Love !!”
- “These People Are So Very Kind & Everything They Bake Is Out Of This World! From The Pumpkin Donuts To Their Scrumptous Peach Pie. Their Prices Are So Reasonable & I Really Am So Appreciative Of The Little Pies That I Will Pick Up Tomorrow at The Bath Market. I Truly Load Up For When My Girls Come.. Awesome! YUMMY”
- “Just did my second batch of strawberry jam from berries purchased at this cute little store in Ithaca. Their berries, in season, are marvelous….not to mention their pies, fudge & donuts. Also purchased plants from them & they are thriving!!! Can’t wait til apple season!!!”
- “THE BEST DONUTS AND THE PEOPLE ARE SO NICE..I WOULD RECOMMEND!”